Superhero Project Blog 2/8/2017

Project Blog : Victor N. 7A

Image location; my phone

Summary

This project is quite interesting, and had many steps to it. First, we had to pick a two-three animals combine them, for your superhero. Then, we see what the traits are. My superhero was a fox and a caribou. I put them together, and combined to Swiper the Caribox. After picking a superhero, and writing out the traits onto a concept, we chose a mate for the hero. We looked at the genetics of each parents, put them on a punnett square to find out the different traits and genetics the baby will have, and whether the baby will be a boy or girl. My superbaby is 5 years old. His name is Boi, and he mainly has the traits and genetics of the dad, and some of the mom. Later on, we did our epigenetics. This is when our baby is an adult. Depending on flip of coins, we looked at whether our baby is healthy, at risk, or not healthy, of cancer, obesity, diets, etc.. My superchild is quite at risk at most of them. He lives in the suburb, and is at risk of obesity, if he keeps eating. There are lots of food shops in the area that he lives. Lastly, we did our supervillain. It's basically an evil version of our superhero, but we are trying to make it better. By making it better, we changed some of the body parts up. I made the eyes bigger for supervision, ears bigger for super-hearing, enhanced muscles for super strength, and spikes popping out of the skin. As you can see, this project is quite interesting, learning about the traits and genetics of our superheroes, supervillain, and superbabies. 

Backward Looking

I kinda knew a bit about this topic before doing this project. I knew about superheroes and villains, but I didn't know it had to do with traits and genetics. I knew about traits and genetics, because I knew humans have different traits from our parents. I knew about this because I have older siblings, and I learned about this before. As you can see, I knew a bit about this project before this project. 

Inward Looking

I liked many things about this project. For one, we got to learn about traits, genetics, epigenetics, punnett squares, etc... while working with superheroes and supervillains. Most people in the class, I think like superheroes or supervillains. This project is a way for us students to learn about science while working with things we like, such as superheroes. As you can see, I liked many things about this project.

Outward Looking

I think it's obvious, but I did my project like others did, but some things were different. For example, we first chose a superhero, a mate, did our punnett square for the baby, our epigenetics and the drawing, and changing parts for the villain. But, I did some things different. For instance, I chose a fox and a caribou. Other people chose different animals. As you can see, I had a similar process to others, but it was also yet different.

Forward Looking

If I had a chance, I would like to redo some things. For example, I would redraw some of my images, because some look quite cringey. I would also like to change some other body parts, like the nervous system. I would enhance the nervous system, so that the villain won't feel pain. I would also add some more details on my epigenetics. As you can see, I would change some things. 

Popular posts from this blog

Should We Bring Back Extinct Species? - 12/14/17

The Pipe-a-Phone Project Blog - Sound V - 4/22/18

WAC #1: Is it More Important to Reduce, Reuse, or Recycle - 9/22/17

EOY Project Blog - 5/21/17

Musical Instruments - Sound V - 4/15/18