Eras - Geologic Time II - 9/10/17

Weekly Blog : Victor N. 8B

Researching the Mesozoic Era
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/education/explorations/tours/geotime/gtpage2a.html
Learning about geologic time

Summary:

This week, I learned many things, from the geologic time scale to the Mesozoic era. On Wednesday, Abram asked Ms. Garica, "What is the meaning of life?" She replied by showing the entire class a video about this: in one "year," the earth was created to having the technology that is today. This shows that our life is short, and that it can go by in a blink of an eye. Then for our project, we have to research our own era to then put together with the rest of our group. My era is the mesozoic era. I learned that the Mesozoic era is the age of dinosaurs. The mesozoic era lasted about 245 million years to about 66.4 million years ago, which was split into 3 periods: the Cretaceous period, the Jurassic period, and the Triassic period. At the beginning of the triassic period, Earth's continents were still welded together which is called the Pangea. That lasted  until the the Cretaceous period, where Pangea was spilt in 7 parts, which are called continents. This era is named the age of dinosaurs because reptiles and dinosaurs were the only animals to evolve at the time, until mammals started to take over in the Cenozoic Era. The temperature wasn't too bad, it was pretty warm. The mesozoic era is the largest mass extinction in Earth's history. I hope to find out more about the other eras next week, after I work with my team. 

SP1 - Asking questions and defining problems

This week, I used SP1 - asking questions and defining problems. I used this, also with my group when we asked Ms. Garcia, "What is the meaning of life?." This, technically has to do with out project, because geologic evolves around our life. She showed us a video about the topic, and it showed that all the things from earth being created to having technology in one year. Each month represented millions of years, and seconds kinda represented months to days. Some days of the week, I didn't physically asked questions, but I asked questions in my head. As you can see, I used the SP1, this week.

XCC - Stability and Change

Through this week, I researched the geologic time scale which is split into four eras, the Pre-cambrian era, the Paleozoic Era, the Mesozoic Era, and the Cenozoic Era. One era go from one to the other. In each era, different species are having mass extinction, and starting new ones. For example, in the Mesozoic era, it is the age of dinosaurs. Then it goes to the Cenozoic era which is the age of mammals. As you can see, this week's XCC is stability and change.

Multiplier:

Looking back at what I learned this week, the notes I took and the activities that I did, I see myself as I learner, because I want to learn and know more about the topic I am studying.

Popular posts from this blog

Should We Bring Back Extinct Species? - 12/14/17

The Pipe-a-Phone Project Blog - Sound V - 4/22/18

WAC #1: Is it More Important to Reduce, Reuse, or Recycle - 9/22/17

EOY Project Blog - 5/21/17

Musical Instruments - Sound V - 4/15/18