Cell Wars Project Blog - 9/25/16

Cell Wars Project Blog: Mitochondria 

Image 



Summary

This week, I have learned plenty of things. For instance, I have learned about 8 different organelles when we watch the videos. My organelle was the Mitochondria. My organelle produces the energy of ATP. It has a double membrane. The other seven organelles, are Cell Wall, Cell Membrane, Cytoplasm, Chloroplast, Golgi Body, Lysosome, and the Endoplasmic. I learned that some organelle only help plants, some only helps humans, and some do both. For those organelles that help plants, some protects plants and things, like bacteria from going inside of the plants. For those organelles that help humans, some protect humans. Some also gives human energy and protein to help us stay healthy. As you can see, this week, I have learned plenty of things.

Backward Looking

I probably knew some things before this project. For example, before this project, I knew that there were cells, and organelles. I knew that there are plant cells, human cells, and animal cells. I didn't know these organelles had different jobs to protect, or they had different diseases. As I got deeper into project and did more research, I have learned different things about not only my organelle, the Mitochondria, but I learned about the other 8 different organelles. 

Inward Looking

I very much, like the project. Not only did I put effort into it, but I learned more about working with groups. Sometimes, I am put or chosen to be in a group and I dislike that, but I learned to work together. I feel good about this project. The part that I particularly enjoy about this project is making the video. Even though, our video wasn't the best and didn't win as president, I feel like the group and  I did our best to make that video. Our video was a song. That song had all the facts, and some humor. As you can see, I like this project, even though it wasn't the best.

Outward Looking

Different people have different perspectives. I feel like I did some different things than what others did in this project. All the projects had a video and a poster. The poster were mainly the same, written or printed. But our video was different. Our video was a song. Others' video was like a skit. People in other were acting out or directly saying things. My group's video was song that described our organelle. As you can see, different people have different perspectives, and I was one of them.

Forward Looking

Making mistakes is evidence that I'm trying. I feel like I can improve on something in this project. For example, I need more action and humor in this video. The video only has lyrics, pictures, and the song. In addition, our group should've put more creativity. Our poster was kind of last minute. We just put facts and picture together, but the picture looks good though. As you can see, even though we made some mistakes, we can improve. For the poster, we should put more effort. For the video, we should more creativity.

Popular posts from this blog

Should We Bring Back Extinct Species? - 12/14/17

The Pipe-a-Phone Project Blog - Sound V - 4/22/18

WAC #1: Is it More Important to Reduce, Reuse, or Recycle - 9/22/17

EOY Project Blog - 5/21/17

Musical Instruments - Sound V - 4/15/18