Cell Energy Cycle - 10/16/16

Weekly Blog : Victor Nguyen 7A

Image

Image Location on Wikipedia

Summary

This week I did some pretty cool and interesting things. For example, we started to learn about osmosis, or movement across membranes. Osmosis is when one solution has a higher/lower concentration on the inside or outside. After doing the Day 1 worksheet, we did the Day 2 worksheet. In the Day 2 worksheet, we observed eggs that were in vinegar for a day, the beginning weight, and then put it into different solutions, like water, salt water, corn syrup, and the original solution, vinegar. The next day, we realized that mainly all the eggs decreased their beginning weight. In addition, the look of the eggs changed from a little to a lot. For instance, some of the eggs were small and glowing to puff and darken. When we learned about osmosis, we also learned about hypotonic, hypertonic, and isotonic. This means, when there more solutes, on the inside, outside, or the same. Now, it our turn. Each group has brought in their own drinks, and we will see if anything changes, like weight or shape. My group chose the solution of coffee. Now let's see if something will change... We saw that the weight of the egg increased by 1 gram. The color turned brown and oily. Anything else, was the same.

SP7 - Engaging in Argument From Evidence

I used evidence to defend my explanation. Throughout the week, we have been dong some lab/worksheet of questions. When I was doing these, and getting help from my group, I used some evidence to defend my explanation. My thoughts and explaining were thorough. I must have a reason, for every question, because during the lab, there were visual on the gizmo. Plus, when we were experimenting with eggs, it was in front of us, so obviously the answers are right there. As you can see, I used evidence to defend my explanation.

Popular posts from this blog

Should We Bring Back Extinct Species? - 12/14/17

The Pipe-a-Phone Project Blog - Sound V - 4/22/18

WAC #1: Is it More Important to Reduce, Reuse, or Recycle - 9/22/17

EOY Project Blog - 5/21/17

Musical Instruments - Sound V - 4/15/18